Skip to main content
Create public & private channels
- To create channels, utilize the toolbar in the top left hand corner of your screen.
- Click on the 'pencil and square' icon and select 'Channel,' to begin.
- Clicking channels will open the 'Create a New Channel' window where you can alter the privacy settings.
- Click the first button to change the channel from Private to Public (whats the difference?)
- You can also (see above):
- Set the name of your channel
- Invite users via username
- Set the channel to a read-only channel (only admins can write new messages)
- Set the channel to a broadcast channel (only admins can write new messages)