Channels are designed to keep collaboration and communication in a central location.
In Community, a channel is a place to:
- Chat with students across your campus
- Share files, tools, and resources
- Form groups and clubs
Based on the type of channel, you can join a channel in a few different ways.
- Use the directory to search and join any public channels at your university
- Owners/members of private channels must send an invite to channels.
- They must also share the password with members
Your channels, your conversation, one location.
Create channels based on any topic or conversation and organize groups easily. Go wild! There's no limit to the amount of channels you can create. Looking for something? Use commands to search easily.
- These channels are open and discoverable to all users from your university
- Anyone can create public channels by default, but permissions can be altered in the admin settings
- These channels are password-protected and should be dedicated to groups and private conversations
- Anyone can create private channels by default, but permissions can be altered in the admin settings
Keys to success:
- Clear topic and post structure
- Think about the name, the punchier the better
- Reply to messages in threads to keep everything organized